Search This Blog

Sunday 15 November 2015

Lure Fishing Learner

Lure Fishing Learner - A Fisherman's Tale
So why have I called myself a Lure Fishing Learner? In a nutshell I am going back to lure fishing school to learn how to catch fish with lures.
How I intend on doing this is by going back to the basics, breaking down all the elements that when combined make a successful lure angler. Now what I think a successful lure angler looks like may very well be the complete opposite to what you think it looks like. So I will explain to you what I think it looks like, you may not agree with me but it is just my opinion and I do not mean to offend anyone reading this.
"a successful lure angler is the person that can go on to any body of water and quickly locate the target species of fish figure out what technique and lure type the target species will take and then consistently capture the target species while adjusting to the surrounding elements"
When you read that short description it makes it sound easy but from my own experiences over the past 24 months I can tell you it is not easy at all. There is a hell of a lot of knowledge that you need to have in order to be successful consistently, especially if you like to compete in fishing competitions like I do.
Knowing those elements that when combined make a successful lure angler is a challenging question for me to answer because I don't believe I have ever been consistently successful at it so the list could change but here is the three basic elements you need to know.
  1. Understand fish behaviour and what drives a fish to bite a lure
  2. Understand how weather and season effect fish behaviour
  3. Understand how your fishing tackle and lures work properly
Again this does not sound like a lot to know but those three elements in turn break down into endless subcategories and I will get to writing those down but first I want to put out an invite to you if you are reading this.
I want to invite you to get in touch with me if you like the idea of being part of this process with me, I have thousands of questions to ask and countless hours/days ahead of me to learn about lure fishing and will definitely need the participation of other anglers or interested people, be it on the boat, bankside, over the phone, on email or on social media. If you have any ideas information or inspiration for me please get in touch using the below links.
I am seriously looking forward to having some fun documenting this journey with all of you.
Facebook page - A Fishermans Tale
Instagram - afishermanstale
Twitter - @afishermanstale

No comments:

Post a Comment